How does it work?
Pioneer of Modern Ozone Therapy Professor Velio Bocci clarifies the basic mechanisms of the action of ozone in his book "Ozone Therapy - A New Medical Drug". He demonstrates how ozone is an oxidising molecule, a sort of superactive oxygen, which, by reacting with blood components, generates a number of chemical messengers responsible for activating crucial biological functions such as oxygen delivery, immune activation, release of hormones and induction of antioxidant enzymes, which is an exceptional property for correcting the chronic oxidative stress present in atherosclerosis, diabetes, infections and cancer. Moreover ozone therapy, by inducing nitric oxide synthase, may mobilize endogenous stem cells, which will promote regeneration of ischaemic tissues.
Is Ozone Therapy safe?
“Ozone therapy was used medically by Nikola Tesla in 1900. It has been in continual use for over 50 years in Europe and the USA, but due to our legal pressures, ozone is presently only widely used (as an orthodox treatment in Germany, Russia and Cuba--Ed. note). When the proper protocols are followed, ozone has been proven effective in the treatment and possibly the elimination of over 40 common diseases….
"Ozone therapies are among the safest therapies ever used. One European study of over 5.5 million treatments showed a side effect rate of .0007%, probably among the lowest of any therapy known. Side effects (like fever and weakness) are minor and temporary.”
Source: OZONE by K.W. Donsbach, D.C., N.D., Ph.D.
See more below regarding ozone therapy as described as ozonetherapy.com:
Ozone therapy is the most powerful cleansing modality. Ozone is produced by lightening in nature and by pulsing high currents of electricity through medical grade oxygen. Oxygen is O2 and Ozone is O3. Ozone is very powerful in that it increases the stability of normal good healthy cells and it destroys all those immature, sick and deformed cells, which are foreign to the body, like viruses, bacteria, fungi etc. Ozone is an energized form of a super charged molecule classified scientifically as O3, O4, O5 etc. chemically, Ozone is oxygen with an extra molecule added. Electrically, Ozone is oxygen with a higher energy level. It is unstable and highly reactive. Singlet oxygen O1 is a highly reactive free radical that acts as a scavenger of other free radicals .The oxygen reacts with them to render them harmless, there by protecting cells from damage. Oxygen is the most vital element required for human life and it is the key to good health. The best way to optimize health is to oxygenate every cell in our body. The more oxygen we have in our system, the more energy we produce. The more efficiently we can eliminate wastes. Ozone should be introduced in large quantities into the body so that the singlet oxygen molecule (O1) that is unattached and freely circulating is going to attack all invaders. It is the treatment of choice for a wide variety of diseases and has proven to be the safest medical therapy ever devised! The important thing to remember is that all physicians report good results, regardless of concentrations or volumes used.
Ozone is not a drug and should not be considered as such. There is absolutely no evidence suggesting that long term treatment on a daily basis had any detrimental effect. Doctors who have used it for decades have only positive results to report. There is evidence of free radical damage; in fact, ozone is the best free radical scavenger there is. Ozone also stimulates production of superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione peroxidase, which are the enzymes in our cell walls that protect our cells from free radical damage. A good normal cell is going to be protected by anti oxidants. Ozone stimulates the production of anti oxidants and thus preventing the cells being attacked by the free radicals. So ozone actually prevents free radical damage and it was Otto Warburg (Nobel Prize winner of 1931 and 1944 for medicine) who found out that cancer was produced by anaerobic cell function due to lack of O2 leading to loss of cell regeneration controller leading to multiple duplication of immature cells or cancer cells.
Ozone therapy was first practiced in 1880. Many methods of administering ozone have been developed since that time. The methods adopted can be grouped into the following categories.
If you give O3 in limited quantity it will get attached to the haem part of the blood and may not be available to attack the free radicals, we have to have a way of introducing the body’s blood, the whole blood with O3, then we will have more than enough ozone to kill and destroy cancer cells, fungi, bacteria and viruses. This is used in a technique called Recirculatory Haemoperfusion™ (Apheresis). We have used this method on 8 to 10 patients daily in hospitals. Here the patients blood is drawn from a big calibre vein by a pump, this blood goes through a microfilter which not only filters the unwanted things in the blood but also baths the blood in ozone and this ozonated blood is then reperfused into the body. This type of recirculating continues for up to three hours and within these three hours the whole blood is washed, purified and enriched with ozone and returned to the body.
- Injection - Auto hemotherapy; or direct injection into a vein or tumour,saline.
- Insufflation - in the ear; vaginal; rectal.
- Inhalation - Fine mist dispersion.
- Ingestion - Ozonated water, ozonated olive oil in capsule form.
- Transdermal - Cupping with a funnel. Sauna.
Injection involves the use of needles, which are the province of doctors to keep the ozone balance from getting low in the body, every day the patients body is reinfused with ozone intravenously. Ozone which is a gas when given intravenously when it comes in contact with blood it becomes a liquid easily absorbed by the blood.
Insufflation in the ear is excellent for ear infections, mastoiditis; hearing problems caused by candida; tinnitus and beyond the ear to sinusitis; macular degeneration; retinitis pigmentosa; head colds; flu; bronchitis, asthma, Alzheimers; parkinson’s and even brain cancer. Absorption of O3 through the mucous membrane is profuse. This is used in ear insufflation by which we are able to infuse the ear, inner ear and the brain with ozone which inturn attacks cancer cells, virus, bacteria and resistant fungi.
Vaginal insufflation is used for any vaginal, uterine, ovarian or lower abdominal problem, including pelvic inflammatory diseases, fibroids etc. The ozone will enter the lymph system from vaginal insufflation as well as the blood stream with rectal insufflation. When ozone is given by the vaginal route, it goes through the vagina, cervix, uterus and it leaks out from the uterus through two tubes, the fallopian tubes, through their fimbrial ends out into the abdominal cavity. Now it is free to go anywhere in all the organs namely liver, gall bladder, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, kidney, spleen, ovaries and the spine from outside-in where as the Re-circulating haemo Perfusion and I.V O3 will attack from inside-out.
Rectal insufflation requires an enema before the treatment so that the rectal area and the intestines are clean and empty ready to absorb the O3 which is going to be given by rectal insufflation. The absorbed O3 is going to destroy all the toxins accumulated throughout the past years of the patient, wash out, rejuvenate the cells that are unhealthy due to toxicity. It is used for colon problems such as colitis, ileitis, irritable bowel, crohn’s, diverticulites and even colon cancer.
Ozone is dispensed in very fine particles by using ozonised saline in a very special equipment which is going to dissolve the thick tenacious viscious mucus plugs and kill the bacteria hiding in them at the same time supplying much needed oxygen to these patients of Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease and Lung Cancer.
The normal theory is that the more water you drink the more toxins and waste products you wash out from the body. It is the same theory that is used in ozone therapy where patient are made to drink at least 3 to 4 litres of ozonised water.
The skin is the largest organ of respiration in our body. It breathes like lungs. And this action is used in transdermal. Transdermal application of ozone has existed for many years and recently has been growing in popularity. The skin is semi – porous to oxygen and 7% of respiration is transdermal. There are several transdermal ozone application techniques.
- Bagging a limb or the body as a whole.
- Ozonated olive oil.
- Cupping with a funnel.
- Steam cabinet where steam and ozone are dumped in.
- Bagging a limb requires only a clear bag resistant to ozone in order to confine the ozone to the area being treated. The limb is moistened first, in order to aid the penetration of ozone through the skin as a wet skin absorbs more ozone. The limb is enclosed in a plastic ozone bag and the ozone is introduced by means of silicone tubing from the generator into the bag. The top of the bag is securely closed with either a cloth strip or an elastic strap as a cuff. If the flow rate is to be above 1/8 1/m, then an outlet from the bottom of the bag is necessary to allow the excess ozone to leave and to avoid pressurization. If the flow rate is kept very low, say 1/16 1/m or 1/32 1/m, there is no need to have an outlet, as the bag will not overfill in a 30 min treatment. This technique has been in use for many years and is especially useful with impaired circulation in diabetic legs, removing the threat of amputation, skin infection and skin diseases like psoriasis.
- Ozonated olive oil has been used as a topical application for nearly 100 years and its efficacy is well established in problems such as acne, cuts, scrapes, bruised, burns, eczema, sunburn, skin infections etc. It is also useful to apply it to the skin following a session of bagging a limb.
- Cupping with a funnel is a more recent transdermal technique where ozone is introduced into a very restricted area at a very low flow rate. First the skin over the area to be treated (typically the liver, pancreas, spleen, intestine, kidney or adrenal) is made wet, then the glass funnel is held firmly over the area. The flow rate is restricted to 1/32 1/m in order to prevent pressure buildup under the cup and possible leakage of ozone. Treatments typically run for 20 minutes. Excellent results are obtainable with this technique if it is applied daily for 3 weeks to 3 months, especially in cases of hepatitis, diverticulitis, pancreatitis, kidney infections and adrenal insufficiency and also to swollen lymph glands swollen with infections or secondaries.
- The thermal technique has been recently developed to take advantage of the therapeutic possibilities of using hyperthermia in conjunction with ozone therapy. Typical treatments are for once daily of 30 minutes duration. Patients with heart conditions or stroke should be limited to 15 minutes as the body adjusts to the thermal stress. Sauna with O3 : Theory states that Sauna or hot steam opens all the pores in the skin leading to profuse sweating any thus lots of toxins flows out and in turn a very high dose of O3 flows in. “Physiotherapy” is a body treatment where medicines are not used at all, only exercise, massage therapy and electromodalitis (Stimulation) are carried out. The ozone introduced in to the body is mostly in the blood and physiotherapy by way of exercise coupled with massage will make the toxins go out and to satisfy the hunger of the muscles more blood will rush in dumping it with ozone.
As far as our ozone therapy is concerned exercise and massage therapy other than electromodalitis must be strictly adhered to, as they form an essential part of the healing and health processes. A well-planned therapeutic diet is created. Nutrients essential for each client are carefully outlined and a menu list is charted. Based on this the diet should be followed without exception. The reason for the multitudes of diseases now are because of lack of anti oxidants. The diet is planned in such a way that plenty of anti oxidants are made available to the body so that all the cells in the body become resistant to cancer, degenerative diseases and to prevent them from being attacked by viruses.
Ozone for Prevention
The cells function by burning sugar in oxygen to provide energy. The waste products are carbon dioxide and water. If there is insufficient oxygen at the cellular level, the cell wall function anaerobically and the waste products will be carbon monoxide and lactic acid. The body cannot easily rid itself of monoxide and lactic acid, it prevent hemoglobin from picking up fresh oxygen, and the body temperature is lowered. The lactic acid will build up in this system, clogging nerve signal pathways, eventually solidifying and causing degeneration and destroys the governor for cell production leading to multitudes of immature cells known as cancer cells. More oxygen is required to come in and oxidize these toxins, but if it is not available, they build up. The blood will carry a heavy load of sludge, and toxins will be deposited in the fat and the lymph. The water that composes the body gets dirtier and dirtier.
Free radicals proliferate as toxins interfere with the normal neutralizing enzyme mechanisms for cleaning them up. Disease is the result. The hundreds of different diseases named by allopathy (whether viral, bacterial, Protozoal, fungal, communicable, autoimmune or degenerative) are but symptoms of one underlying cause. That cause is hypoxia, or oxygen starvation at the cellular level, leading to internal toxicity. Ozone is such a powerful therapeutic tool because it deals with the underlying cause through both oxygenation and oxidation.
Ozone taken on a regular basis will, over time, safely clean all the fluid of the body, and furnish an oxygen-rich environment for all the cells in the body, providing high levels of immunity from most of our common diseases. You can never kill a human with ozone with even the highest dose but you can regenerate and rejuvenate at the correct dose.